The Assembly will be held at the OR Tambo hotel and conference centre in Johannesburg, South Africa. It will be jointly hosted by the United Congregational Church of Southern Africa (UCCSA) and the Uniting Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa (UPCSA). This is also where all participants will be accommodated.
Most nationalities are exempt from visa requirements for visits to South Africa. Please confirm by doing a quick check on the Republic of South Africa’s department of Home Affairs website if your nationality entitles you to visa exemption.
It is the responsibility of the traveller, not CWM, to fill out and submit applications for travel visas. CWM will assist with visa documents to support visa applications, but is not responsible for submitting the application. Additionally, please note the following important points regarding visa applications and CWM’s travel management policy:
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from date of first entry into South Africa
- The passport must have at least 2 blank pages
- CWM will only issue a flight ticket upon confirmation of possession of valid visa to travel to South Africa, as well as any transit visas that may be required.
- On this occasion, CWM will not be able to facilitate flight travel date extensions or re-routings, unless in cases of emergency of which proof will be required.
- Seat pre-selections cannot be guaranteed. Delegates are encouraged to manage their own seat selections directly with the airline online or at check-in desks.
- Delegates will cover any extra charges for seat pre-selection.
Most travel will be organised regionally. The CWM personnel in each region are the first points of contact for delegates in their respective regions. Travel to the Assembly will follow the same process and will be handled by the same persons as the pre-Assembly orientation gatherings.
Participant will each have access to their own room with a private bathroom. Delegates are welcome to share rooms should they choose to. However, kindly inform a member of CWM Staff immediately if you will share rooms so that we may amend the hotel room count while we still can.
CWM will cover the cost of bringing the participant to the Assembly, including travel insurance, accommodation, all scheduled meals, and repatriation. CWM will not cover the costs of room service (unless if pre-authorised and subject to extenuating circumstances), international phone calls, alcoholic beverages, spa treatments and other incidentals.
It will be winter in Joburg, and temperatures will normally range between 17° to 3°C. Delegates are encouraged to bring sufficient warm clothing, including appropriate footwear. In addition, participants are encouraged to pack:
• A suitable attire for church visit.
• Your country’s traditional dress for cultural night.
• Travel adaptor for South Africa.
• Medication, if applicable.
• Flags of your country and your church, where applicable